1.5 MILLION VIEWERS SEE RYAN BADER FINISH MMA LEGEND FEDOR EMELIANENKO TO BECOME THE BELLATOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
LOS ANGELES – Ryan Bader’s stunning first round knockout of Fedor Emelianenko, the greatest heavyweight in MMA history, was witnessed by 1.5 million viewers on Paramount Network last Saturday, January 26.
Bellator 214: Fedor vs Bader, emanating from the Los Angeles Forum in Los Angeles, was highlighted by the finals of the year-long Bellator World Heavyweight Grand Prix. The stacked card also featured a shocking first-round knockout of rising star Aaron Pico by Henry Corrales that drew 1 million viewers and the professional debut of Jake Hager, who defeated J.W. Kizer via first-round submission, which also tallied 1 million viewers.
Overall, Bellator 214: Fedor vs Bader drew 784,000 viewers (9:00-11:44pm ET) to Paramount Network.
Other significant ratings/digital/social points for Bellator 214:
· The most-watched Bellator event since Bellator 192 on January 20, 2018.
· The highest-rated Bellator event with adults 18-49 (.6) since Bellator 175 on March 31, 2017.
· The highest-rated Bellator event with men 18-49 (.73) since Bellator 192.
· The second most-streamed Bellator event ever (on various Bellator/Paramount mobile platforms).
· The most-streamed Bellator prelimany card ever.
· The Ryan Bader knockout was among the most engaged posts in Bellator social media history with over 4 million views on various social platforms including a record number of video views on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
· The week leading into Bellator 214 delivered the second most growth for new followers to Bellator’s social platforms in franchise history.
The ratings do not factor in DAZN viewership.
(all ratings include DVR +3)
Please visit Bellator.com for more information.
Bellator is a leading global mixed martial arts and kickboxing promotion featuring many of the best athletes in the world. Under the direction of veteran fight promoter Scott Coker, Bellator events take place in major cities worldwide and can be seen on television in over 160 countries to an available audience of over one billion people. In the United States, Bellator can be seen on both Paramount Network and DAZN, the world’s first truly dedicated LIVE sports streaming service. Bellator is comprised of an executive team that includes top industry professionals in television production, live event orchestration, fighter development/relations, venue procurement, sponsorship creation/development, international licensing, marketing, advertising, publicity and commission relations. Bellator is based in Hollywood, Calif. and owned by entertainment giant Viacom, home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms.
About Paramount Network:
Paramount Network is a premium entertainment destination that pushes the limits of story-telling with bold original scripted and non-scripted series. Inspired by over a century of cinema, Paramount Network is where today’s brightest stars bring the experience of the big screen to every screen with stories that are immersive, inclusive, and deeply personal.