(#6) DERRICK LEWIS vs. (#8) MARCIN TYBURA
SAGE NORTHCUTT vs. THIBAULT GOUTI
TICKETS FOR UFC FIGHT NIGHT®
AT FRANK ERWIN CENTER GO ON SALE FRIDAY, JAN. 5
Las Vegas – UFC® returns to Austin, Texas with an action-packed fight card, headlined by an exciting clash between welterweight contenders. No.10-ranked Donald Cerronewill look to rebound when he battles surging No.15 Yancy Medeiros in the five-round main event of UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: COWBOY vs. MEDEIROS at the Frank Erwin Center on Sunday, Feb. 18.
A perennial fan-favorite, Cerrone (32-10 1NC, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) aims to snap the first three-fight skid of his career. Known for his aggressive and exciting style, “Cowboy” has locked horns with the who’s who of mixed martial arts. Over the course of his career, he’s secured impressive wins over Matt Brown, Rick Story, Benson Henderson, Eddie Alvarez and Edson Barboza.
Standing in Cerrone’s way is rising welterweight Medeiros (15-4 1NC, fighting out of Makaha, Hawaii). A training partner of featherweight champion Max Holloway, Medeiros is has gone 3-0 since debuting at 170 pounds last year. Following impressive wins against Sean Spencer and Erick Silva, Medeiros stopped Alex Oliveira in a Fight of the Year candidate last month.
A power puncher with 16 knockout victories to his credit, Lewis (18-5 1NC, fighting out of Houston, Texas) was riding a six-fight win streak before suffering a setback to Mark Hunt in July. During his UFC run, “The Black Beast” has delivered spectacular wins over Travis Browne, Roy Nelson and Gabriel Gonzaga, and he aims to re-stake his claim among the heavyweight elite.
As for Tybura (16-3, fighting out of Uniejow, Poland), the rising prospect recently engaged in a spirited scrap with former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum. Though he came up short on the scorecards, he proved he can compete with the best fighters in the division. With victories over former champion Andrei Arlovski, Luis Henrique and Viktor Pesta, Tybura is gunning to use Lewis as a stepping-stone to a title shot.
Additional bouts on the card include:
· Sage Northcutt (9-2, fighting out of Houston, Texas) looks to keep his momentum rolling when he faces dangerous striker Thibault Gouti (11-3, fighting out of Avignon, France)
· Marion Reneau (8-3-1, fighting out of Visalia, Calif.) battles former Invicta FC bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger (19-6 1NC, fighting out of Houston, Texas)
· DANA WHITE’S TUESDAY NIGHT CONTENDER SERIES contract winner Geoff Neal(8-2, fighting out of Dallas, Texas) debuts against tough Brian Camozzi (7-4, fighting out of Englewood, Calif.)
· Jessica Aguilar (19-6, fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla.) welcomes former Invicta FC strawweight champion Livinha Souza (11-1, fighting out of Sao Paulo, Brazil)
· Roberto Sanchez (7-1, fighting out of Houston, Texas) looks for his first UFC win when he squares off with Joby Sanchez (11-2, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.)
· The Ultimate Fighter®veteran Sarah Moras (5-3, fighting out of Kelowna, B.C., Canada) takes on prospect Lucie Pudilova (7-2, fighting out of Pribram, Czech Republic)
For the latest information on additional bouts for this event, please visit www.ufc.com. All bouts live and subject to change.
Visit the UFC® Press Portal for information and content to support your UFC coverage.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: COWBOY vs. MEDEIROS will air live on FS1 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on Sunday, Feb. 18, with the prelims kicking off the evening on FS1 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT and on UFC FIGHT PASS® at 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT.
Tickets for UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: COWBOY vs. MEDEIROS go on sale Friday, Jan. 5 at 10 a.m. CT and are priced at $135, $100, $80 and $60 USD (prices do not include applicable service charges or fees).
Tickets are available at TexasBoxOffice.com or by phone at (512) 477-6060 or 1-800-982-BEVO (2386). Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person.
UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets Wednesday, Jan. 3 at 10 a.m. CT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, Jan. 4 starting at 10 a.m. CT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.